Yacht Racing Image 2016
- New, fairer rules
- € 2'000 prize-money
- Deadline for submitting your pictures: October 13.
Ladies & gentlemen, dear yacht racing photographers,
We kindly remind you that the deadline for submitting your image for the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award is October 13, 2016.
We have made significant changes in order to improve the quality and fairness of the contest.
- There will be one official winner, selected by the international jury.
- The preselection of the top 80 pictures will be made by a panel of international yacht racing photographers: Christian Février, Rick Tomlinson and Erik Brin.
- The top 20 pictures chosen by the international Jury will be exhibited at both World Sailing’s annual conference and the Yacht Racing Forum.Three prizes will be awarded:
- The main prize is the ‘Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image’, selected by the international jury
- The ‘Yacht Racing Forum Award’, decided by the 700 delegates of World Sailing’s Annual conference and the 300 delegates of the Yacht Racing Forum.
- The ‘Public Award’ is based on the number of votes on Internet. This is a fun award, aimed at increasing the visibility of both the photographers and the entire contest. Photographers are encouraged to like and share pictures, and to do as much self-promotion as they like. This prizes recognizes the quality of the winning picture as well as the photographers’ network and the support he (she) can generate around him and his (her) photograph.
The top eighty pictures will be published on the event’s website on October 18, allowing the public to vote. Each picture will be linked with a presentation of its authors and a description of each photograph. The winners will be announced and celebrated during the Yacht Racing Forum, in Malta (November 28-29); an event to which you are kindly invited.
The winner of the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award will receive € 1’000 prize money. The winners of the Public Award and Yacht Racing Forum Award will receive € 500 prize money.